Friday, July 5, 2013

Sleying The Blue

I'm sinking an awful lot of "startup time" into the business right now. After sleying this reed I'll have three sets of weaving in play at once: purple, blue, with just a little bit of white left.

I'm also awaiting delivery of another reed so I can put a fourth beam in the pipeline. Yes, there are more beams than looms, and it's good. It means that I can have more colors in my booth at once. This is especially important with the high capacity beam. That's about 4 months of weaving on its own, and could easily turn my booth into "the land of blue" if all the other colors sell out before its done. This way I can weave enough blue to hold me over and then switch to weaving some other colors for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have seen your facebook page, and very curious about a possible to order a custom handwoven fabric, could you please contact me via email ecolespam@gmail.com