Saturday, December 25, 2010

Web Marketing Notebook

Web Marketing. This is a huge topic that encompasses just about every part of our experience on the internet. My recent posts on the topic have created a lot of conversation here on the land. People are asking me how I got so good at it.

First, let me say that I'm not so good at it. I've read TONS on the topic, especially from the brilliant folks at Etsy. I've integrated a tiny part of what I've read into my own shop and have had some success at it. I can't claim credit for the ideas at all. I'll be rereading these articles and integrating more and more of the concepts as I wrap my head around it.

I know that I've written about Evernote in my blog before, but this is a great time to demonstrate it. It's the web clipping/note storage service that has changed the way I find information, store it, read it, and share it.

I live in the forest with no internet in my cabin. To find information, I sit with my iPhone or my MacBook in the common house and search the web. When I find something of interest, I clip it to my Evernote account instead of reading it right then. This way I don't have to spend so much time using the internet in common space. Before I leave the wifi, I sync Evernote on my iPhone. I have it set up to manually download the content of certain folders so I can read that content when I get back to my cabin. Then, I sometimes use the iPhone client to make a plain text copy of the note which is easier to read.

I have all kinds of notebooks on all kinds of topics, but there's one in particular that I want to share. Click on the link below to read all of the stuff that I've read to learn as much as I know about web marketing. This is a live notebook, so keep coming back to read new information as I add it.

Web Marketing Notebook

Enjoy!

No comments: