Monday, June 10, 2013

Easy Come, Easy Go!

Well, that isn't exactly the right turn of phrase since no part of production weaving and craft show sales is easy, but I think you get the idea.

Two of the four shows that I just finished were successful, bringing in significantly more money than I spent to do them. So I paid my taxes, paid off many of my debts, paid the rest of the show fees for the year, and spent a bunch of money on much-needed supplies.

Pictured here are a shipment of yarn and a new, high capacity beam for my loom. This will allow me to warp roughly twice as much thread at once. I still need to order a new reed to go with it, but once it is folded into the production, the hours that I spend on design and warping will net me twice as much cloth. I'm going to inaugurate it with blue, my absolute, hands-down, most popular color. Guess what's in the yarn boxes...

No comments: