Monday, March 14, 2016

Lunar Calendar Fundraiser


[Lunar Calendar Design]

In designing my new life as a printmaker, I anticipated lots of expenses in tools and materials. What I didn't necessarily expect, however, was how much education I was going to need.

Before my Summer weaving show season starts, I'm getting serious about studying with printmakers who know much more than I do. I've already taken a class on woodblock printing and learned a lot, including getting a taste for how many of the basics I'm lacking. Next weekend I'm taking a class on intaglio, including some advanced topics. (If you're in the area and want to join me, the class info can be found on the Whiteaker Printmakers website HERE.)

In two weeks, I'm attending a conference in Portland, SGCI. I can't wait to be in rooms filled with others who are passionate about printmaking! I'm especially interested in a topic that seems to be all over the conference - printmaking as a tool for social change. This dovetails perfectly with the formation of a new arts co-op here in Wolf Creek.

These educational opportunities are irreplaceable, but they're also getting little pricey. To help defray the costs, I'm producing a lunar calendar, limited to a signed and numbered edition of 50. The finished piece will measure 11x14", printed with archival ink on a heavy Rives Arches paper, and arrive sealed in a cellophane envelope for protection. They will sell for $20 each.

Email me to reserve yours now or watch my blog to see when they go on sale to the public.

No comments: