Friday, April 3, 2009

Dreaming of a Business?

Dear faeries and friends,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The last time you heard from me I was trying to raise funds to purchase a production weaving loom and start a new business. Well, I've done it! I sold many of my possessions. Dozens of people each loaned me a small amount, a few people bought my weavings, and I got the money that I needed. I don't have the successful business yet, but I have no doubt that it's coming. After almost a year of working and waiting, the power's in my hands now.

Along with paying back the folks who helped me, I'd also like to make a personal investment in the community that means so much to me.

As I figure out how to turn my passion into a vocation, I'd like to share my journey with y'all. I know that there are faeries out there who've dreamt of doing what they enjoy and making a living at it. Well, what better time than now? We are a richly creative tribe.

Let's come together in a new circle of faeries helping faeries figure out how to build a healthy livelihood by following our passions.

I don't have all of the answers by any means. Nobody does. I am learning, though. As I figure out the secrets of web marketing and get my wares produced and into galleries, shops, and exhibits, I'd love to swap knowledge with others in the tribe. Some of you have gone before me, some are following in my footsteps, but we can all learn from each other.

I have a few specific skills to offer the community:
1. Idea editing. Sometimes you just need to bounce ideas off of someone else who can help you sort out the ideas worth pursuing from the ideas with potential problems that you are too close to see for yourself.
2. Business plan organizing and editing. Let me help you figure out some of the details you will need to think about before you start moving forward. A well-researched business plan is crucial to finding out whether your idea needs a little work or a lot - BEFORE you start spending your energy on it.
3. Marketing. How do you get the thing that you do in front of the people who are looking for it. Maybe I can help you brainstorm some ideas and actions that you might not have considered on your own. Again, I'm no whizz at this, but the more eyeballs the better, right?

How can we make this happen? Drop by my website, look at my calendar of open studio days, and contact me to set aside an hour or two on one of those days. http://blossommerz.com/calendar

I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: