Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rapid Change




[Tent, half down]



[Tent, completely down]




[Annie's van, half packed]

It's over! The faire was a success. I learned a ton of stuff about the customers, what they want, how to design for them, and how to sell to them. I also have a real idea of the actual amount of money that passes through the booth and how much inventory and variety it takes to make that happen.

We had the entire booth struck, packed, and rolling down the road in about 5 hours. My friend, TJ, had come down from Wolf Creek to bring some of his possessions north. He came by for an hour to lend his van packing skills, and thank goodness he did! Annie's van was packed to the ceiling by the time we were done.

Annie took her loom back, freeing up some space in my van. TJ and I went to Anaheim to get some of his things from storage and fill up that empty space. We were on the road by 6:00, arriving in San Leandro at 2:30 AM. The van is staying out there while I visit the city...

So now, I'm taking BART into San Francisco to help Carl move some of his stuff into storage.

It's a strange culture shock to go from the faire to the city, and then back to the forest. I can't wait!

No comments: