Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stacks of Garments




[Enough for now]

I did it! I learned how to make ruanas fast enough and consistent enough to sell them on weekend 6 of 7. This was the reason Annie taught me to make them, and I'm glad I didn't let her down.

After this show I'll be shopping around for a commercial sewing machine. I love my Singer 301, but it's too slow for production. The features I want most are:
- Extra long arm so I can push yardage through on the right side of the needle.
- Locking reverse. My bags require running the machine in both directions.
- Mounted flush to a table. The Singer sits on top right now and limits the length of stitch runs.
- FAST. I want to line up a seam and go!
-Automatic oiling. Right now I spend about 10 minutes a day oiling it. If I don't, it gets loud and clunky.

Well, I'm off to the show. Let's hope we can sell it all!

1 comment:

Teresa Ruch said...

email me and I will give you the name of a good used industrial sewing machine shop in Portland.
Teresa Ruch