Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Northwest Folklife Festival

This last weekend was long and very worthwhile. As always, I was in my booth the whole time so didn't get to see much of the entertainment. I did run around after work one night and was astonished at the variety of quality performance being given away for free. Here's a quick sample...

I did, however, get to enjoy the music on a stage about 200 feet away from me. Directly behind my booth was the busker space, which was always lively and fun. And then, periodic oddities occurred, like this one...

I sold almost everything I had with me. So much, in fact, that I feel guilty taking fifteen minutes out of the day to compose this blog post. I need to stitch up a bunch of cloth for my next show in Benbow Lake, California. It's in three days.

This photo pretty well sums up how it felt to be at the Northwest Folklife Festival.

And, of course, in order to have a rainbow we need to have rain. So now I've got everything that's left hanging up and drying in the studio...

I'm going to miss the ease of an electric dehumidifier when my studio joins my home in the off-grid reality next month. It'll be back to the woodstove! And not a minute too soon, in my opinion. The forest charges my soul so I can endure these weekends in the city.

No comments: