First, I've got a friend who is going through some tough stuff and needed my help. I spent a few hours this morning helping him out. Then, I well and truly intended to mix ink and pull prints for the rest of the day. But I got a phone call from another friend who wanted to swing by for breakfast at the local dive joint. And, as he pulled into my driveway I saw steam pouring from the car. Long story short, he was soon on his way to the mechanic and needed a ride back home.
I decided that if I got only one thing done in the studio it would be to mix up the ink for what has become tomorrow's printing. The goal was aubergine. To get there, I start with a clear, pure violet.
Then, to mute it out, I blended it with the painter's complement, yellow. In the spot where the yellow has smeared, you can see it turning brown. That's right! It's the direction of my goal.
I went a little too far, I think, ending up with more of a maroon. Tomorrow, I'll add some of the magenta and blue back in to bring it back toward violet. That's what I get for being in a hurry.