Monday, March 1, 2010

Rain and another cloth delivery

[Morning]

[Afternoon]

The other day we had the largest single-day rainfall yet this year. In six hours, the creek rose two feet and got LOUD. The culvert in front of Garden House couldn't handle all of the water so the road flooded. The area in front of our cabins is an absolute mud pit. For now, I have to carry everything 1/4 mile through the mud because no vehicle can get up here.

[Mud!]

It was a trip to Lowell to swap materials. I dropped off 150 yards of cloth and picked up 86 pounds of yarn. My next personal warp will be mostly white.

We had a chance to hash out a lot of the details of the next few months. It looks like I'll be taking a loom with me to Southern Faire so I can weave during the week. And the place where I'll be staying is a nudist resort.

The Trickster is certainly at work here... I'm spending six weeks weaving clothing at a nudist colony! How many people can say that they've done that?

[A big pile of cloth]

On the way down the meadow to post this blog entry, I saw that the Tree Swallows are back. It was a pair of them, twittering and swooping through the air, all blue and iridescent. What a beautiful sight!

[photo from iBird Explorer app]

No comments: