Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rainy and Cold




[Portable sewing studio]

Boy am I glad that I set up the sewing studio inside the van! It's been wet with a mid-day high of about 50 degrees two days in a row. The same is expected tomorrow. If this doesn't seem cold, notice that the only source of heat in the van is the lightbulb I've hung over the sewing table. Brrr! (Thank goodness for the steam room and spa here at the resort. I go a couple of times a day to warm my bones up.)

Thanks to my beautiful workhorse of a sewing machine, I finished 120 tiny pouches yesterday and expect to get the sewing done on 60 cell phone bags before bed. Tomorrow I'll make tons of cordage: bag straps, bracelets, and belts.



[Cell phone bags half done. Just need to make and attach straps before cutting them apart.]

Friday is a short, strange day at the faire: Kid's Day. Local schools will bus in about 6500 kids to see the show. I changed gears from my regular merchandise just to get ready for it. I'll be selling friendship bracelets, pouches, cell phone bags, and belts with just a few pieces of regular merchandise displayed up high for the chaperones. Everything I'm making will be between $1 and $10. The main tent will be closed because I'm manning the booth alone - demonstrating, selling, and watching thousands of fast little hands.

Alright! Off to the sauna before my last 1 1/2 hour stint at the sewing machine.

No comments: