Friday, April 16, 2010

A whole, real, honest-to-goodness day off!

I wove like crazy this week so Annie could make shawls and ruanas for the faire. She stopped by to pick up this week's 30 yards yesterday afternoon.

Annie has recommended that we take Fridays off so we have lots of energy to be on our feet interacting with customers all weekend. That's today! I almost don't know what to do with myself.

So here's what I did... Slept in until 9:00. Took my coffee and notebook up to the poolside pavilion to catch up on bookkeeping. (I borrowed money to cover yarn, new glasses, travel expenses, and resort rent. Now I know exactly how much I have left to earn before it's paid off.) I also took a little time updating my budgets with all the expenses of my new lifestyle: gas, insurance, maintenance, resort rent, etc. It's tough to keep from panicking when I see how much money is flowing out before I go home.

The birds here are beautiful! I spent a good amount of time watching the hooded orioles and tanagers playing springtime games. I think the hooded oriole is probably my favorite bird to watch. That gold color is just breathtaking.

Then lunch, housekeeping, laundry, shaving, showering, and soaking in the spa for a while. Now I'm laying in bed for a few minutes before heading down to the rec hall for socializing, hamburgers and another soak. Early to bed and then up and at 'em for my second weekend of faire.

No comments: