Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day Off, Sort Of




[Rug weaving demonstration and silent auction]

Today has been slow and pretty lazy. After yesterday's ridiculous stress I really needed to take it slow.

I woke up late and took a long time to find people to help move the rug weaving operation down the hill. We loaded it onto a cart and hauled it all down, getting it set up by about noon.

Then I strung a new necklace. It's funny. This happens about once a year, usually mid-Summer. The strand of beads I've worn all year just doesn't feel right and a new one appears. This year was awesome! I gave a gorgeous strand of iolite to a friend about 10 years ago. She has loved the stones all these years and gave them back to me a few weeks ago. Tower let me choose some spacer stones from his collection so now I have a choker with two colors of iolite accented with tiny, sparkly light blue topaz. This necklace looks like a starry night. It's perfect for my life at this time.



[Iolite and blue topaz. Yum!]

The instant I slipped it around my neck there was a knock on my door. It was the president of our organization come to have a chat. I wish I could trust anything he has to say.

After that was done I balanced the books, counted the cash and wrote up paperwork for donations of food.

Then I took a quick nap and cooled off in the infinity pool. It was so nice to have that kind of time for once. I don't really, but it's nice to pretend sometimes.

Dinner was a delightful Indian-inspired affair after which I sat around chatting with friends until the temperature dropped. Now it's 11:30 and I don't want to sleep because the air is cool and lovely. The moon is up and people are wandering around having fun.

I think I'll make afternoon naps a habit until the weather cools down a bit.

No comments: