Thursday, September 9, 2010

Building Excitement




[Bracket closeup. Isn't it beautiful?]



[What they do: strengthen the sides and let me hang clothes at the faire]

TJ is chugging along on the trailer modifications. Yesterday he showed me the brackets that he made to hold the clothing racks. They're awesome! They are sturdy enough to stabilize the sides of the trailer while I'm driving and easy to remove while loading and unloading. During the show, they will hold the clothing still on the hangers.

Today he's working on a removable but water sealed roof that's sturdy enough to hold cargo if I need to use it that way.



[Wispr keeps a watchful eye on the selvedge as he weaves]

Wispr is doing well with the weaving. As expected, his bobbins are lumpy, skinny, and slow in winding. But, they are wound well enough to produce perfect selvedges. Not bad for his first time! He'll certainly be good enough to weave while I'm gone. It's really exciting!



[Harlan and the elderberries]

Harlan stopped by the other day with a bucket of elderberries still on the stem. It was nice to step away from my own work for a while and help get them ready to freeze.

As for my work, it's a little overwhelming right now. Along with packing up to do the show, I'm getting the house ready for others to use in my absence. I've also begun work on the contracts that will help guide us over the next few years as I take over various aspects of the California shows.

And, in between it all I'm weaving to earn money for travel expenses. In my spare time, I'm working for the church and meeting with others to develop the manifesto for a new monastery.

No comments: