Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trailer Work






[TJ shows where the door will go]



[Look at the details! And this is before caulking, weather stripping or paint]



[TJ is burning the midnight oil to install weather stripping on the underside of the roof.]

While David and I were working on the van and while Wispr was weaving shawls, TJ was working on the trailer. He has created two beautiful roof panels with waterproof joints and overhangs. Each piece is light enough for a single person to lift and sturdy enough that I can strap cargo on top if I need to. They will lock down from the inside for stability and security.

After dinner I helped him to caulk the roof and the rest of the trailer while he installed weather stripping. This trailer is better built than many of the buildings on the land. I will certainly be able to use it for dry wintertime storage. This will free up a ton of space in Halston, making it nicer for the three of us who will live there.

Tomorrow, TJ is going off to tree school with Wonder and Arcana. I'll be putting a coat of paint on the trailer. All of this new wood needs to be waterproof before the trip on Monday. Then I need to practice backing up with a trailer. It's scary, but I'd do better to learn before I need to do it with people watching on the cramped faire site.

No comments: