Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cloth Swap, Chickens

[70 yards of gold cloth ready for delivery]

Yesterday was a big, exciting day. I woke up early to enjoy my morning tea before driving up to Annie's studio with Jared. There was spotty rain all morning so we packed some plastic sheeting to keep everything dry on the way home.

We got home just as the sun was setting, hauled the stuff into the house, ate a quick dinner and went to bed. (I'm still kind of sick from the gathering.)

This morning I got up and did a bunch of chores before finally opening up the beam and seeing the new colors for the first time. This beam is gorgeous! It's very dark and subtle, but I love the effect. It really feels like Christmas when I unwrap a new beam.


[150 yards of navy blue, freshly unwrapped]

[Closeup of the colors]

While I was showing the colors to Piwacket, our friend Ben knocked on the door. He brought us a trunkload of chickens! We ran down and carried them up to the Coop DeVille.


[Chickens aren't smart enough to get out of a box]

There are 12 new chickens all together:
2 Rhode Island Red
1 Black Astrolorp
8 Araucana
1 Other

[Pretty ladies in a pen full of duff]

No comments: