Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dickens!

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area and looking for something fun to do this holiday season, check out the Dickens Fair at Cow Palace. It's an all-day immersion in the fantastical London of Dickens' imagination. http://dickensfair.com

The streets are full of characters from the books, leading you through the various stories as the day unfolds.

Make sure to look at the performance schedule early in the day. The shows are fantastic! My personal favorite is Mad Sal's Dockside Alehouse, featuring a bawdy and lascivious revue (by 19th century standards.)

While you're there, be sure to visit the Shuttle Creek Weaving booth and see all the beautiful garments that I've been weaving since April. You'll see cloaks, shawls, jackets, vests and scarves in a variety of colors and patterns. Annie is an extremely talented weaver. She has designed her sumptuous fabrics and versatile, attractive garments to be very reasonably priced. Make sure to feel the various types of cloth and discover which one is right for you. Oh, yeah, and tell her I sent you.

Unfortunately, I am packing like mad for my move to Oregon so I won't be at the show.

No comments: