Monday, June 20, 2011

New Workshop Move-In

It's happening! I'm moving the weaving workshop out of my cramped cabin and into a dedicated studio space. The new space is in the heart of downtown Wolf Creek.

When applying for insurance, I found that the building was built in 1859, which is very old for Oregon. That would have put it toward the end of the brief gold rush in this area, and at a time when this town was on the main thoroughfare.

The spaces have obviously been renovated, with modern drywall, light fixtures, and grounded electrical outlets every eight feet.

I'll be using the larger space for the weaving and sewing studio, while the smaller one will be used for storage and perhaps photography. (The panorama software really didn't like that narrow, dark room, but I think you can get the idea.)

Those vertical strips on the wall are channels for adjustable shelving. I just happen to have a box of brackets that fit, which will make the building of shelves super quick and easy.

The move-in is happening one van load at a time. Today the loom moved. (watch for the video tomorrow...)

Starting tomorrow, I will travel to work every day just like normal people. If you've been reading my blog for a while, I'm sure you know just how important it is for me to be seen as normal. (Smirk!)

It will be a big shift, but one that will make for easier, more efficient production, and a nicer living situation. I'll be able to walk across the room without swinging from the loom like a jungle gym!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Blossom and good luck with the move. Very exciting!