Friday, December 2, 2011

Roseburg Christmas Show

Every show I do seems to have different requirements, but I'm starting to sort them out and come up with standard booth configurations.

Outdoor or Indoor?
Well Lit or Dark?
How many sides are open? 1, 2, or 3?
Storage space behind?
Electricity?

Here's this configuration: inside, OK lighting, 2 sides open, no storage, with electricity. I decided to put in lights just to help my merchandise and my customers looking in the mirror to "pop". I also discovered that I can use the drapes for the third wall to make a "column" on the corner and let me turn my 6-arm rack diagonally. This makes for bigger doors with ruanas aimed toward customers better.

The storage issue just makes me set up earlier and take absolutely everything extra back to my van.

And, yet again, this is my first time doing this show. I have no idea what to expect from the customers here. Crowds, I think. This show is huge, filling four large buildings in the Fairgrounds.

1 comment:

Laura Fry said...

I always light my own space regardless of the ambient lighting. Sometimes it's 'okay' but people are like moths - they will go where the light is. So highlighting your space is a good thing. :)
cheers,
Laura