Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Retail Space Set Up

It's done! I've now got a quick-and-dirty retail space set up in my new studio. I love that this setup lets people see exactly where their cloth came from. I mean, you almost have to touch the loom in order to browse the garments.

And, don't you like my new floor? I saw someone with this wood-looking vinyl floor at the last show. It comes from Home Depot and it's cheap, but looks great.

Now it's time for me to go full-on into weaving production. The show season is coming up quick! This move took a bunch of money and a critical chunk of time, but it's done now. Yay!

2 comments:

Bryan's Japanese Textiles said...

You are one busy beaver my friend. Good idea to move towards prosumerism.
Bryan

Unknown said...

Thanks, Bryan. The local economy is such that I don't expect to make much from the shop. If it can pay for itself I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll follow my original plan and move the studio to my new homestead when it's built.

I want to tell you how much inspiration I get from your blog. I've got my indigo seeds ready to plant. It might be a little too late for this year, but I'm trying anyhow. If I can swing it, I'll come and see you in Vancouver this summer.