Tuesday, March 5, 2013

White Beam Design Is Done

Well, with the flu to slow me down, this beam took longer than I expected to design and warp. It's the next in my "asymmetrical" series, fading from one edge to the other in a long, complex progression.

I would ordinarily tell you that now is the time to place orders for this cloth, but y'all have a little extra time with this batch. I'm packing for the move, doing a show, and then moving before I even thread this beam for weaving. It'll be almost April before any of us gets to see how this design turned out.

In the meantime, here are some closeup shots of various parts of the warp. Some are very subdued, and some are full of energy. Enjoy!

And here's one last shot of the studio before I move it. Remember that table full of thread a couple weeks back? Well, it's on the loom now!

No comments: