Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Time With Friends

I write an awful lot on here about work. Every once in a while I do other things, too. This week I took a trip to California to visit my oldest friend.

One the day before I left, I helped reduce our tomato juice and celery overage by making habaƱero Bloody Marys. Wow! Hot! Yum!

And then I basically sat on my butt for a couple days, laughing, watching the light change and eating grilled meat.

I found out about some amazing "tactical boots". They look great, support the ankles while hiking, and last forever. I ordered a pair immediately.

And then another whole day of driving. I arrived home after dark and used my headlights to check in on my garden. The dahlias look great! I can't wait to see them in daylight in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the brand of your 'tactical boots'?? Thanks. - Susi Rolf-Tooley

Unknown said...

They're from a company called Tactical Research. The model is Kiowa. I've had mine for a few days now and they're breaking in nicely. Soon I'll be able to wear them for miles and miles of hiking.