Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day and Night










[Clothes by Wonder. Photo by Wonder.]

I'm slowly ticking off the todo list items as my first faire approaches. Yesterday, along with weaving, I took some time off to hang out in the sun, chat with friends, and try on garb. Thank goodness Wonder has his faire garb box here and that we're about the same size. After I've worked a couple weekends, I should have some cash to buy a little garb of my own (whatever I can't make, that is...)

There are tons of visitors swinging through the land right now. Last night was a delightful few hours away from work, playing games and laughing into the night. On the way up the hill I noticed that it was very cold and the ground felt a little crunchy. Frost? Just a little...

And then this morning I stepped outside and gasped. It sure was frost! And lot of it by this morning.





[A very frosty scene]




[Breakfast TV, tuned to the frost channel]

One of the new garden crew was remarking just yesterday that "we can pull out all the stops now that the danger of frost has passed." I didn't laugh in his face, but I did let him know that we were nowhere near past the danger of frost. We're always learning!

No comments: