Monday, February 1, 2010

Circle's Over, I'm Artist In Residence

[Sitting around the conference phone, making decisions]

The Great Circle is done. It went amazingly well. There were a couple of times when tempers flared, but even then the meeting was conducted in the spirit of love and understanding. We made a ton of fantastic decisions and did it quickly.

One of the biggest things we did was to empower subcommittees to make most of the decisions and do most of the work. The functionality of many of them will depend on the work of one that I'll be heavily involved in: the Communications Committee. Once we've done our job, the membership will be able to find out what's happening in the other committees and get involved.

[My rendering of the new Org Chart]

Almost last on the agenda was my proposal, creating a new role in the community: Artist In Residence. We've talked about this for years, but nobody's ever written the program. In my first short AIR term, I'll be working with the Caretakers and Community On The Land committee to flesh out the details of a proper program so that others will know how to apply for this position and what it will require of them.

So today my brain is mush. I've spent many hours preparing for this meeting and now it's over. A good night's sleep (check!), a walk in the sun, lots of water and some healthy food should bring me back to normal.

Tomorrow I drive with my cohorts back to the land and get back into the swing of weaving, now without the time-consuming responsibility of a Caretaker. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Disaster Cat said...

Yeah, that's a fantastic title for you!