Friday, February 19, 2010

Full-Speed Production




[Cloth is stacking up]

It's tough to think of things to write about right now. I'm working fulltime to produce my cloth in time for Faire. It's the same thing day after day: weaving gorgeous solid black cloth. First I have to finish the black beam, and then I'll be weaving my own cloth. At that point I'll have lots to write about. It'll be my first full-width beam.

The weather has been unseasonably gorgeous. I now wind my bobbins outside so I can spend an hour at a time in the sunshine.



[Enjoying the outdoors. Photo by Bambi]

After dinner every night I am working on a new communications infrastructure. This organization has a couple of everpresent problems. Poor communication and record-keeping are one of them. This new system is designed to help fix them both, giving us a single place to discuss the business of all the committees, and keeping a searchable record of our decisions. It's in the very earliest stages of development, but is showing awesome potential.

This system is in private pre-alpha at this point. (English translation: it's set up on a computer here on the land, inaccessible from the internet.) It should go alpha this week, for review and improvement by the rest of the communications team. Then will be the time for others to join us in testing the beta. If you are a member of Nomenus and interested in helping out, please send me an email.



[Forum snapshot. All committees in one place.]



[Closeup on the activity bar. Shows what we're working on at the moment.]

No comments: