Saturday, February 6, 2010

Spring Flowers

[Crocus in the lawn]

What a gorgeous day! It's traditional to take three days to "land" after traveling, but I don't have that luxury right now. There's just so much on my plate, but that's how I like it.

Yesterday, however, I couldn't resist taking the afternoon off to wander around in a t-shirt in the sun. This has been an extremely mild winter for the most part, and it has fooled even the plants into thinking that it's over. We need to hurry if we're going to get our fruit trees pruned before they wake up. Ordinarily, we'd have almost another month.

[Tiny Wind Flowers make a big color]

Piwacket was so excited by the flowers that he used fresh violets in the richest and most delicious dessert we've had in a long time. It was a pear and lemon Creme Brûlée. Here's how rich it was: this photo was taken after we had all finished eating. It looks like we'll have leftovers tomorrow!

[Violets in the dessert]

Today begins a big push to finish the bolt of black cloth so I can weave my own before the show in April. It's going to be tight.

No comments: