Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Gorgeous Weather

[Sunny and Warm]

The last few days have been amazing here - warm, dry, and sunny. We realized that the tree pruning workshop needed to be done RIGHT NOW! Buds are bursting and trees are leafing out. In February.

[Caring for the trees]

The garden team this year is fantastic. They're making plans, preparing beds, managing compost, planting seeds, and more. Remember that my last career was landscaping in San Francisco. I learned pruning from my business partner, an expert pruner with years of schooling and experience. After practicing daily with him for a few years, I know a thing or two myself now. I was happy to pass my knowledge on to a new generation here on the land. When it seemed like they were getting the hang of it, I walked back up to my weaving. Boy, does it take willpower to sit inside and work when it's so beautiful outside.

[Mary of the Flowers]

[Hanging in the Sun]

And this scene right here is the toughest to pull myself away from - my friends, done with our weekly meeting, all sitting in the sun and enjoying conversation.

No comments: