Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beginning A New Color Design

It's that time again! With just a few days' weaving left on the last batch of cloth, it's time to use the second loom for the purpose it's meant to serve - a place to design the next batch of cloth.

This is another challenging design because I just don't have the range of colors that I want. I'll have to do like I did with the green and use value juxtaposition and unexpected accent colors to keep the cloth from being too static. Yes, this is a neutral cloth so I don't really want excitement, but I don't want something that's boring to look at, either.

The focus of my design style is depth. The more you look at it, the more details you'll notice. This design is definitely going to be a challenge.

And right now, it's not a design at all. It's a rough idea, some boxes of yarn, and an empty loom.

No comments: