Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Blog Platform

img

Yesterday I made a big change of blog platforms. I did this for several reasons.

Last week I was away in the woods all week. My goal all along has been to make my blog posts more frequent and less verbose. I haven't managed to do this, partly because writing a blog entry has required me to set time aside at the computer. When I'm traveling, which I hope to do more often, blogging stops entirely despite the fact that it's when the coolest stuff happens.

Yesterday I had a mixed blessing: poison oak between my fingers prevented me from rearranging my loom room and gave me time for software fiddling. I set up a web store and completely revamped my blogging platform. This new platform lets me write posts on my phone from wherever I happen to be. Today it's Dolores Park in San Francisco, enjoying the sunshine on the longest day of the year.

I believe that this new software will continue to serve people who subscribed to the old platform. With any luck, you will notice no difference whatsoever. If this isn't the case, please let me know.