Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Plans

My fingers are still covered in poison oak blisters. This makes me unhappy because there are two things I'd rather be doing: rebuilding my loom room and weaving. Either of these activities would be too much working with my hands and I'd end up with ruptured blisters which take even longer to heal.

The last few days have allowed me to catch up on computer work. I've set up a web store, a new blog platform, and completely revamped my portable inventory and point-of-sale system. I've done my financial projections for the next few months, and begun my research on yurt design and construction. I've measured and designed the new rack I'll need to store a quantity of warped beams and yarn. Here's a quick rendering of it:

beamrack_v5

Today I'll go and price yarn storage containers and continue my yurt research. With any luck, tomorrow will be the day that I build the new rack and revamp the rest of the loom room. And after that, I've got weaving to catch up on!

No comments: