Monday, June 22, 2009

Possibilities

Last year I made a big choice. My friends were encouraging me to start a new landscaping company, but I wanted my new business to be more portable. It's tough to go away for a few months with no income while clients' gardens languish in neglect.

Weaving, on the other hand, is much easier to relocate.

This was all a distant theory until this week. My friend, Cobb, is having a hard time finding a dependable cast for a puppet show he is scheduled to do at a big summer faire. I realized that there is really nothing keeping me from packing up my loom and moving it to Portland for a few months. I'd be able to keep up my production quota and work faires with Cobb on the weekends. I might even be able to sell there and make even more money!

Then I started thinking, "why not do it, anyhow!?" I could bring my weaving business to Portland or Wolf Creek for the Summer. It might give me the fresh perspective that I need to continue enjoying San Francisco. If I could get it together to sublet my room for a month or two, the extra income wouldn't hurt me, either...

Hmmmmm... Something to think about.

No comments: