Sunday, October 18, 2009

Foggy and Wet

[Teatime Panorama. Notice that the ridge has no top.]

It is so quiet here these days it's hard to believe that there's a gathering brewing. I hope lots of people come early and get to see the fall foliage display before it's gone.

Right now my time is fairly consumed by weaving and preparing for 100 people to come and visit. It's my favorite holiday and the first time I've been here for it in years.

I did, however, carve out a few hours after dinner to work on a new fundraising project, spawned from this "Picture A Day" blog. I'm taking high resolution pictures with a good camera and making them available on T-shirts, book bags, water bottles, greeting cards, calendars, stickers and more. All of the profit will go toward future marketing efforts like buying some of these items for the sanctuary. You can see the fundraiser store at http://www.cafepress.com/nomenus

As a long term open source developer and advocate, I don't believe in restricting access to only those who can pay for it. I'm also making the raw, full size images available in a web gallery on Picasa. http://picasaweb.google.com/blossommerz/WolfCreekPics They are free to use with attribution for any non-commercial purpose. If you want to make money from them, let's make a deal!

My inner whip cracker says, "Enough writing! Back to work!"

No comments: