Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Frosty!

[Dry teasel in a frosty meadow]

Today is my 40th birthday. Last night I took a few hours of private time to work on my vision for the next steps on my path. My cabin was warm from the sunny afternoon, but by 2:00 I was reaching for another blanket.

This morning I bundled up and stepped outside to a meadow so cold and white that I thought it had snowed. Nope, it's just a serious frost. I think this is the frost that will singe the grapes and make them sweet.

[My favorite tree right now is sitting in a frozen field]

While I sit here drinking my tea, I finally got a glimpse of the Kingfisher that trawls our creek looking for fish trapped in stagnating pools. His call is shrill and unmistakable as he runs up and down the creek, but I've never gotten to see him before.

[Image from iBird Explorer app]

Weaving is chugging along. People are starting to support my work by dropping by for a minute here and there. It's nice and makes the day go that much more easily.

3 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Happy Birthday and many happy returns.

Cheers,
Laura

Unknown said...

Thanks, Laura!

Margreet said...

Happy 40th Blossom!