Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Poof! The Green Is Here!

[Every inch of soil is covered with seedlings]

It's easy to tell when the wet season is here to stay: trust the plants. We had some rains early in September, but the plants knew better. The rains this week are the real deal. The creek level rose, the ground us staying wet, and the mosses are bright green.

The color show is shifting and continuing. Maples are losing their leaves while grapes, apples and locusts are just turning. The cherries are gearing up for a bright red show next week.


[The North Gate and Grape Arbor]


I'm settling into my caretakership here and finding the balance point between caring for this place and building my weaving business. Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the beautiful gold cloth I'm weaving while I watch the beautiful gold leaf show.

No comments: