Thursday, October 1, 2009

Into the Big City

[Wolf Creek's tobacco store Indian looks strange to my polically correct San Francisco eyes]

Today is my monthly trip off the land and into town (Grants Pass) to deposit a check. We also have a million-and-one things to do for the land: groceries, chainsaw maintenance, banking, and more. (I'm writing this as I wait in the truck for big banking stuff to get done. Isn't technology great?)

The last few days have been strange as we try to deal with little social issues before they become big. For the most part, though, things are flowing smoothly. The current crop of visitors are plugging in and helping get things wrapped up for Winter. We now have a freezer full of garden food with more canning and freezing happening every day. Today, the chimney sweeps are cleaning all the chimneys in preparation for Winter. Yeah!

I'm plugging away at the loom, weaving the cloth just as fast as I can and looking for the balance between personal productivity and community plug-in. The balance point is coming...

No comments: