Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Busy Thinking

I haven't been blogging much this month. The big realization from earlier in the month is still ringing in my brain: the organization that runs the spiritual sanctuary where I live needs some deep organizational help. I've spent a good chunk of my time this month developing models to help us prioritize the work of redeveloping our infrastructure.

The model that I've decided is most generally helpful is based on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. The theory states that lower level needs must be met before higher levels can be reliably sustained. I'm writing it all up into a small booklet for informal discussion during our semi-annual general meeting, The Great Circle.



[Wolf Creek Sanctuary Hierarchy of Needs, Rough Draft]

The other chart I've been developing is an org chart for the various committees so newcomers can understand how it all fits together.

[Nomenus Org Chart, Rough Draft]

If you happen to be familiar with this organization, you'll notice a new title here, Artist in Residence. This community has talked for years about developing such a program, so I am taking on that development task, under committee supervision, of course.

And weaving? It's production. After a planning snag that left me without weaving for a while, I'm back on my feet and dressing the loom to weave a bunch of black cloth.

Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the new yarn I got to do a batch of my own weaving.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

I believe that CoCo means Council of Communities, and COTL means Community on the Land. But what is CIT?