Tuesday, April 5, 2011

White Is Off The Loom

The pipeline that I set up to create and finish the white cloth is emptying out. The loom was cleared today, making room to start winding on blue threads. The batch of white that I took off today needs to be stitched and washed. Several other batches have have been washed and cut apart and are waiting to be sewn into garments. All of the photography and listing are done.

At the end of this beam, I can see that my counting mechanism needs a little adjusting. Several sections ran out before the rest. When that happens, I cut them off, tie them up and keep on weaving! I'll decide later on what will happen with the yard of cloth that has extra fringe. I think fringed bags sound fun.

For the next beam, I'll have to focus on using my counting bell more consistently. One yard of waste isn't all that bad, but it's still more than I want.







No comments: