Thursday, April 5, 2012

Canvas Heat Wall

The new house and studio is in a beautiful place up in the mountains. And today it's becoming clear that the key word is UP. We're at about 2300 feet.

Two days ago was warm and sunny. Yesterday was grey and drizzly, but today there's snow.

I'm glad today for a change that I made to the studio yesterday. I realized that I was running a little electric radiator to heat the whole space even though I am using only a tiny piece of it right now.

So, I whipped out my trusty canvas dropcloths and fixed up a wall. It's not much, certainly not "well insulated", but it does a good enough job of heating just the room where I will spend another day inside the loom tying knots. It's so much easier to fit inside that machine if I'm not wearing two layers of wool, too.

No comments: