Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yurt's Up!

I know I said I was going to wait until after my next run of shows to erect either of the yurts, but Badger convinced me to put the first one up now. I'll have a couple of weeks to trouble shoot and get it stable before I leave it in the hands of a house sitter.

I can't remember who suggested that I shoot a time-lapse video of the process, but I'm glad I did. It's fun!

You'll notice a few things in the video... I made almost every possible mistake in setting it up. I put up the wall inside out. I tried to put up the roof ring before attaching the tension band. Twice. When the video angle changes, it's because the photos that I took of how to set it up were on the same phone that was taking today's video. I had to take it off the tripod to refer to them.



I recently got a cheap fisheye lens for my phone. It's perfect to let you get a more expansive view of the yurt interior.

Here's the view from the doorway. You can see everything but the two windows near the door.

And here's a fisheye view of the whole roof. Notice that one rafter is missing? It broke when I was learning to set it up in Eugene and I'm waiting to pick up a replacement. It's shorter than the others because of the door. The roof is totally stable without it.

No comments: