Sunday, December 6, 2009

Arrived in Wolf Creek For The First Snow

Today's blog is a photo essay. In the last 24 hours I finished packing, sorting, boxing, and moving myself into a completely different life.

Since I lived in a neighborhood that's prone to stealing, I had to organize things so that my life was not left on a truck in the street. I took everything out of my room and into the garage. Then, I did the required cleaning and spackling before I got the truck.

[Quick and dirty panorama while packing]

[Everything I own fits in a 10' Uhaul]

My friend, Jeannine helped me pack the truck and keep an eye on things while I got the last stuff out of the house. I pulled away at dark, stopped at Eldri's place to pick up 50 lbs of yarn, and made it to Wolf Creek by 2:30AM. After 20 solid hours of work I was too tired to light a fire. In the morning I awoke in a VERY cold cabin and went outside to be dazzled by the frost. I'll be putting more pictures up on my Picasa album, which you can see HERE.

[Grandmother Maple is overshadowed by the beautiful frost today]

After unpacking the truck and taking a quick nap, I looked outside to see the golden late afternoon sun filtered through the first snow. It was breathtaking.

[Truck is unpacked just in time for the first snow]

[Grandmother in the snow]

And then, as quickly as it had started, the snow was gone, leaving a clear sky and gorgeous sunset. It was a beautiful first day on the land.

[The weather cleared before the sun set]

No comments: