Monday, August 15, 2011

The Show Turned Out OK

The small-town weekend show turned out OK. It turns out that there was a transportation glitch on Saturday that kept the shuttle from bringing people to our end of the event.

It got ironed out on Sunday and sales picked up. I didn't make a ton, but came home with enough to pay rent and cover all of the costs of building the booth. That's not so bad.

It is making me prioritize the work of finding new shows, though. I got a lot of great leads this weekend that I just need to follow up on.

On Sunday, I fell in love with a piece in another vendor's booth. I told myself that if I met $X in sales that day, I would treat myself to the absolute deal of the show.

The blanket pictured above weighs about 10 pounds and is handwoven from pure natural-colored alpaca. I can't tell for sure, but it looks handspun, too. I don't know how they were selling it for as cheap as they were, or why nobody else had snapped it up, except that it was about 90 degrees outside.

I came home feeling like the luckiest guy at the show.

No comments: