Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day Off, Then Another Fundraiser

After feeling completely burned out on Friday, I decided to take a day off from bookkeeping. The last of the food had been purchased and we were slightly over zero. So I relaxed and enjoyed the company of my friends for the day. Nobody else seems to care about the bottom line anyhow. I got to go to heart circle, talk with friends, and just relax for a whole day. Yes, I made my dinner announcements, but without specific numbers. Nobody complained.

Then today I realized something we could do to bring in the last bits of money. People have been saying throughout the gathering that they didn't bring cash and that they'd go to the computer and donate through PayPal. It's tough to remember and follow through once you walk away from the circle.




[Credit card donation station sign.]

So, today we got wi-fi to the parking lot registration tent and set up credit card processing. It worked! People realized that the gathering was over, they hadn't donated, and we were making it easy for them. They paid for their rugs and gave us general donations to pay our expenses.

It ended up running over my commitment to typeset the proposals for Great Circle so we won't be as prepared as I'd like. Ah, well. We're more prepared than most others who bring proposals.

No comments: