Friday, August 13, 2010

The Perseids


[Stray dog that visits at night. She's very sweet.]

We did it! Last night we had a successful teleconference. There were only a few discussion items on the agenda and we got through them fairly quickly while making sure that everyone's opinion was heard.

After that, we kicked off an experiment: 24 hours without canned music. (I'm old enough to remember when this was the norm here. Canned music used to be the exception, used for special events.)

To begin our day of quiet, Piwacket made a pot of popcorn. We brought sleeping bags into the meadow and watched the Perseid meteor shower until the middle of the night. I planned ahead by doing double-time on the loom, taking a nap, and drinking coffee after the meeting. This combination let me stay awake until about 1:00. I slept in the meadow until dawn, waking up a few times to watch the meteors. It wasn't a spectacular display, but definitely worth it. There were a few half-sky streakers that left bright trails.

Today, I've got to do a bit of weaving, but I want to make use of this special quiet day by picking blackberries while listening to the birds. I did weave extra yesterday. I can weave extra tomorrow. A day of quiet is super special.

No comments: