Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Cold, New Trailer




[First Tomato, much tastier than it looks]

The last few days have been a complete waste because of a fierce summer cold. I sat down to weave yesterday and realized I was too weak and dizzy to do it. I spent the rest of the day in bed with Yin Chiao and water. Somehow I managed to go over the notes from my Craigslist trailer search and make a few calls.

While I was in Garden House, Vibrant offered me a bite from the first tomato of the year. Wow! I almost forgot how good homegrown tomatoes are. They then proceeded to make a whole dinner from the garden. The deep-fried stuffed squash blossoms were the decadent treat, but the entire dinner was fantastic.

Today I woke up feeling a bit better, but headed rapidly downhill as the sun came higher in the sky. As I was walking back to bed with a dose of Dayquil, one of the trailer prospects called me back. It was a great deal from a local seller so I (somewhat foolishly) jumped on the chance and went to get it.

Thankfully, TJ had offered to come with me. It turns out that his tool bag contained just the right stuff to reconfigure the electrical connection to the trailer and let me drive it home without a trip to the auto parts store for an adapter. Thanks, TJ!



[New trailer, awaiting modifications]

The next step with the trailer will be to seal it from the rain and make it lockable. This little trailer is going to make it possible for me to come home from Faire with the 20' tent, the broom booth, the demonstration loom and all of the inventory. If I seal it right, it will also give me a dry place to store the tent and broom booth between shows.

So, now I'm back in bed with a splitting headache. If I keep up with the Yin Chiao and water and sleep through 'til morning, I think I'll be back in weaving condition.

No comments: