Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Delivery Day




[Stacks of handwoven cloth, ready for delivery]

We're getting ready for California's Northern Renaissance Faire. This means that Annie needs cloth not only to be woven, but shrunk and sewn in time for the show. Today I drove up to drop off a batch of cloth. It's always a little sad to see a big empty space where there had just been a beautiful pile of cloth, but I'm getting used to it.

It is beastly hot up here right now. The spring dried up a few days ago so there's no more infinity pool to cool us off. The creek is just a warm, slimy trickle as well so yesterday we took a couple hours and visited a spot we call "the teacups". This place features natural pools carved out of solid stone. It's downstream a couple miles after another creek has joined in the flow so the water is cool and fresh. Just what we need on a hot Summer day.



[Teacups and STOP signs for a G-rated blog]

Today, along with my work, I've begun the search for a trailer so I can haul the amount of stuff I'll need to bring home from Faire. I don't know if it'll come together before I leave or if I'll need to get one in California just for the trip home. We'll see...

No comments: