Monday, March 21, 2011

Custom Weaving Orders



Today I set up a new service on my website: customized weaving. I'll be rolling it into my Etsy shop over the next few days.

The first thing I do on each beam is to produce a sample blanket with many of the weft colors I think I'll use. Then I create a range of products and list them.

At that point, there's still a good chunk of the beam left to weave so I start replacing items that have sold and making duplicates of listed items for my inventory.



There are colors on the sample blanket that I'll never use. There are colors in my stash that I never even sample.

This is where it becomes interactive. I've set up a page on my website that shows the products that I make, and the range of colors that I've sampled.

This allows anyone to place requests for weft colors that they'd like me to weave. Unless you're asking for a color combination that I don't think I can sell to someone else, I will cover it with my standard return policy: a full refund if you're not absolutely satisfied.

With all of that said, I'm excited to offer the custom weaving service. Now you can get something that isn't possible in very many places: garments woven just for you.

No comments: