Friday, February 17, 2012

Next Batch Of Cloth Is On Deck: Subdued Blue

I know it seems like the grey batch was just started, and that's true. But look how much we've woven already...

There are three of us weaving on it now and it takes several weeks to ply threads and wind a beam.

So, believe it or not, it's time to take inventory and prepare for weaving the next batch of cloth.

After pulling out all of the yarn, I can see that I do have just enough of the colors that I want to do this batch of cloth. The theme is "early morning sky and fog", lots of subdued blues and greys. It will feature a "double-fade", similar to the purple and the grey. This gives a light-colored stripe that flows across the chest when a cloak is thrown over one shoulder, which is the most popular way to wear this garment.

This color choice should lend itself to mixing with a wide variety of blues from navy to teal to turquoise, and greys from charcoal to smoke.

I do need to buy a little bit of yarn just to be sure that I don't run out when I'm weaving, but I certainly have enough of the main colors to get started winding as soon as I get back from my trip to California, where I am right now, by the way. More on that tomorrow...

No comments: