Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back in the Saddle

[The Peacock Labyrinth]

It's been a couple days since I thought I wasn't sick anymore. I was wrong. It was just moving from my head to my lungs. I finally had the strength and lung capacity yesterday to get back to the loom.

I have so much weaving to be done that I don't foresee doing much else for a few weeks. If you're in the area, drop by for a visit!


[Patchwork fisheye: my view from the loom]

A new crew of visitors has shown up in the last few days, bringing us up to 22 for dinner last night. Things are flowing smoothly with visitors integrating easily. It's very nice.

At the moment I can hear Seacth and Kinder cutting wood before the 10:00 chainsaw restriction. I can tell from the number of laughing voices that there's a visitor or two in the mix. They've been very helpful that way. With a few more dry weeks we just might get ourselves prepared for Winter.

The sky has been crystal clear all day and night for a few days. That means that the afternoons are hot and dry. The nights are bitter cold with patchy frost. With the dark moon, stargazing had been incredible.

2 comments:

Peg in South Carolina said...

Glad you're feeling better. I love the view of your loom! It looks like a theater.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

I like to take a piece of technology, in this case a landscape panorama program, and push it to the absolute limit of what it can do.

I love to watch you doing the same thing with weave structures. :)