Thursday, September 10, 2009

Such Luxury!

[Last night's sunset took my breath away]

Yesterday was shopping day. Thanks to the garden and food made cheaply we were able to skip groceries last week. This gave us a generous budget this week and we celebrated with a little party.

During this beautiful sunset the community convened in the parking lot to grill meat, drum and sing. And then our visitors brought out a bottle of rum, turning it into a true tailgate party. (although perhaps a little mild as those go)

I trundled off to make yogurt and go to bed almost two hours later than normal. A good time was had by all.

On the weaving front... I delivered a batch of cloth and borrowed a bobbin winder. I discovered that Annie is heading to Faire without many shawls. That means I'll try to weave up 50 more by Monday so she can bring them to the seamstress on her way home and have them ready to sell by next weekend.

No comments: