Monday, September 7, 2009

Cold, cold, cold!

[The sun is trying to break through]

Last night after dinner the temperature dropped fast. It was my first night with the down comforter.

When I got up this morning I really expected to see frost. Not quite yet. We've got to get the greenhouse sealed if the rest of the tomatoes are going to ripen in this weather.

My favorite part about the morning fog is the dark colors created by moisture and perfectly smooth lighting from the grey sky. It turns the meadow into a wonderland of browns.



[The meadow garlic is looking good]

I'm still half-heartedly weaving at half speed and spending more energy on land projects. When the borrowed bobbin winder arrives on Wednesday, it'll be back to work as usual.

4 comments:

mint said...

hello
I feel that your pictures are so cold and lonely, beauitiful in my mind and I like all of them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

[Darn comment system doesn't like our super slow network...]

Mint, the sanctuary is a lonely place that early in the morning. You'll have to come up and see it in person!